What is Digital Marketing ?
Digital marketing is also known as online marketing is the use of the internet to connect and influence potential customers. Digital marketing is a powerful tool that is used to create brand awareness. Digital marketing when compared to traditional marketing is more effective because of its nature.
Digital VS Traditional MARKETING. Which should i go for?
We get questions like this from clients, usually, we always chose the former but if you have the budget, it is okay to do both. We feel that digital marketing is more powerful and effective than traditional marketing because digital marketing uses the internet as a medium to achieve its goal while traditional marketing uses radio, billboards, television, magazine, newspapers…. to achieve its goals. This means that digital marketing can reach more people in a very cost-effective way without geographical barriers.
Now, this is not to say that traditional marketing is old-fashioned because it is still effective as traditional marketing tends to target a specific audience. We sometimes advise some brands to go for traditional marketing depending on the brand goals and its audiences or sometimes we advise both.
Let’s look at some stats that should make you understand why using digital marketing can be beneficial to you and can scale your business or brand:
- As of January 2021, there were 4.66 billion active internet users worldwide.
- Traditional marketing generates 50% fewer interactions with customers than digital marketing.
- In 2021, there are 4.48 billion people actively using social media.
- In 2015, there were only 2.07 billion users on social media. When compared to 4.66 billion active users on social media, that is a 115.59% increase in six years.
- In 2021, over 2.14 billion people worldwide are expected to buy goods and services online.
- Globally the average time a person spends on social media is 2hrs 24 minutes daily.
There are many statics but we would stop there. These statics show how increasingly people use the internet and social media. You must understand the change of times, to adjust your business marketing model to thrive.
Digital Marketing Assets
Digital marketing assets are marketing tools that are employed online. When these tools are used creatively, it can be 10X, 100X, 1000X… your business.
These assets are:
- Brand assets (Logo, icons, typography, acronyms)
- Videos (Animation Video, Video ads)
- Content writing (blog posts, emails, articles)
All these assets are unique and have unique effects on audiences and when used effectively they can turn audiences into potential customers. More than two assets must be employed when doing digital marketing because everyone is unique and have preferences.
Luckily for you, Sidona Media provides you with the necessary assets and tools your business needs to scale. Contact us so we can give you the best advice on what digital assets you need to employ.